How it works
- You must have a funded Invest account.
- You must send your referral code to a friend who is not currently an M1 customer.
- Your friend must use your code to sign up for a new M1 Invest or retirement account.
- Your friend must be approved to open an M1 brokerage account.
- Your friend must invest $100 into an individual/joint account or $500 into a retirement account within 30 days of opening their M1 account.
- Your friend must leave their $100 or $500 deposit in their account for 30 days.
- Your friend will need to set up their Payments Destination to their new individual account in Settings>Payment.
- Then you’ll both receive $10.
- If you receive $10 from this promotion, you will no longer be eligible to receive $30 from the “M1 Deposit $1,000, Get $30” Promotion.
Where Can You Find Your Referral Link?
- Open your invest screen (mobile) or click on your name (web)
- At the top right hand corner click on the silhouette (app) or your name (web)
- Click “Refer & Earn” (this will only be visible if your account is funded)
- Sign up and choose your Payment Account
- Share your unique referral link with a friend
You can return to the referrals page at any time to locate your unique referral link.
How Does Your Friend Use Your Unique M1 Referral Link?
- Send your unique M1 Referral Link to your friend via email or text.
- Have your friend click on your unique M1 Referral Link and create an account.
- Once your friend is approved to open a brokerage account, they must fund it with $100 or open a retirement account and fund it with $500.
- Your friend must keep their funds inside the new account for 30 days from the date of deposit.
Note: You and your friend must keep a non-retirement account open to receive your referral credit.
How Do You Both Get Paid?
You will receive a $10 referral bonus in your Payment Account within 14 days of your friend successfully opening an M1 account and funding it. . Your friend will need to complete linking their individual account as their Payment Destination in Settings>Payment. Then your friend will also receive their $10 referral bonus in their Payment Account within 14 days of successfully opening an M1 account with your unique referral link and funding it.
The $10 promotional amount can be found under Settings>Promotions. You might see that the promotion was successful before the credit has been applied to your Payment account.
Once credited, you will see a $10 Promotional Credit in Activity.
Referrals and other promotional credits are deposited into your designated “Payment Account.” A Payment Account must be an individual or joint taxable brokerage account (funding not required). A Payment Account cannot be a retirement account. Both you and anyone you refer will be required to have an open brokerage account to receive referral credits.
If you have more than one taxable account, you can change the Payment Account at any time from Settings>Payment.
Without a valid Payment Account, you will not be able to receive referral credits.
Important Terms and Conditions
This offer is valid only for new M1 account users. Please send your unique referral code only to people who you know personally and who will be glad to get it. To qualify for the bonus, referred family and friends must make an initial deposit of $100 into a taxable account or $500 into an IRA, within 30 days of account approval and not withdraw that initial deposit for 30 days.
Your participation in the M1 Referral Program is subject to the following:
Through the M1 Referral Program you will invite family and friends to sign-up for an M1 account by sending them an invitation with a provided link and disclosure, and your efforts in soliciting clients to M1 will be limited to this activity.
For each “Qualifying New Account” M1 will pay you $10 to your M1 account. A “Qualifying New Account” is a new, individual M1 account opened by your referee, using your unique referral link, which your referee funds with an initial minimum deposit ($100 for taxable accounts or $500 for IRAs) and does not withdraw that initial deposit for 30 days. M1 is not responsible for incorrect entry or other failure on the part of your referees to meet standards of a Qualifying New Account.